Saturday, October 24, 2009

Life is Grand

Tom has the flu! I had heard on the news that anyone with flu symptoms were to call their doctor and get the tamaflu shot to help prevent the severity. He called Kaiser yesterday to see if he could get that Tamaflu shot and they told him since his temperature wasn't higher (his has been at 100.2) he didn't have H1N1 so they wouldn't give it to him. I suppose it is only for those that are suspected of having H1N1??

Still having computer issues. I was finally able to get Microsoft for Mac to work again yesterday but then discovered last night that I am no longer able to send pictures from iphoto. URRRGG I am so angry with myself for doing this to my awesome computer! I have another appointment with Apple this morning so hopefully I can get it back in complete working order again.

I had made an appointment with DMV about 3 weeks ago for yesterday and was finally able to get the plates switched for the van and also get the truck registered after being on non-op status now for about 2 years. DMV in California is a very interesting place to say the least. If you like to people watch, that is a good place to go for sure!

Visited with mom for a little while after my adventure at DMV. She LOVES her new walker that my dear friend let us borrow. It is a "Cadillac" version for a walker. It has a nice seat, handy basket, hand brakes, all terrain wheels (lol) and it is candy apple red! She is getting around very well now. It takes some adjusting to the new walker as she must remember to use the brakes!!! But so far so good.

Dogs are all good. Poker was showing a new interest in CC but she doesn't appear swollen nor any evidence when I check her. I have been looking for a good electric meat grinder I can buy that would enable me to make my own raw dog food. All the dogs love the raw and there have been so many positive benefits to them eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment