Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Years Eve Eve

Vallee looking at the judge at Eukanuba during the breed judging. I LOVE this picture a friend took.
We had a wonderful Christmas. While I was pretty sick, the boys helped a lot and in fact I couldn't have pulled it off without them. Everyone enjoyed themselves and it was extra special because mom came too. It was so much fun watching the grandkids open their gifts. They were thrilled with what they got. One thing Tom and I bought them was real Army fatigues I found at an Army Navy Store. Including the belt, hat, socks, and more. They couldn't wait to try them on. Thankfully they fit! It was so cute. BJ say's he wants to go into the military after college, this from a 7 year old.
I am still not well from this darn cold/flu thing, but hopefully I am on the mend. I keep taking medication in hopes something will help. Maybe it just needs to run its course.

I had scheduled today off to do something that got cancelled but decided to go ahead and take the day off anyway so I could take dogs to the vet that needed some things done as well as get ALL the dogs groomed. I had hoped to be able to take the tree down and all the other decorations, but I just didn't have the energy in the end! Ran a progesterone test on the girl I want to breed and she is just about ready. I am excited about this breeding and hope all goes well. I always worry about mom and pups before, during and after birth!!

Tom came home from work and cooked a great dinner. Brandon joined us too. It is always nice to have either him or Sarah here when they can come by. The boys are enjoying being off from school and frankly I am too. It won't be long before they will be like their older siblings and will be gone more then they are home!

We finally got the results today from mom's kidney biopsy that was done almost 2 weeks ago!! She does have renal cancer. They had told us back in August that she had kidney cancer but they had never taken tissue to confirm because they also thought she had bone cancer. Well, the 2 bone biopsy's came back negative so the oncologist decided to do this biopsy. Not sure what treatment they can offer as they are still convinced she has bone cancer too even though the biopsy say's something different. We are not too happy as we are feeling like something more could have been done during these last 4 months since she was given a wrong diagnosis!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe and happy New Year's Eve. Don't celebrate too hard though! We will be staying home and hope we are able to make it to the midnight hour. Here is wishing everyone a prosperous, healthy new year! 2010 will be an awesome year!! Don't forget to cook some black-eyed peas as they are suppose to bring good luck in the new year!






No comments:

Post a Comment