Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The end of summer is near....


This past weekend, I drove down to Santa Barbara, CA with Maggie (Vallee's daughter). Tom decided at the last minute to not go as he felt his football team needed their head coach. I understood and so Maggie and I made the trip together. She is a good traveler and was good company too, as she does not talk back when I am talking to her nor does she interrupt me. We were going to Santa Barbara for the dog show as well as to be able to spend some time with John, who was flying in from CT and Jane, David, Sherry, Hal, Brian, Joanne, and Susan.

Unfortunately hurricane Irene decided she needed to head north from the south east part of the U.S.A. and be in a direct line with CT where Jo
hn and Carole live. Therefore, John had to cancel coming to the Santa Barbara show at the last minute. While we all missed seeing him, we all felt he made the best decision too.

The Santa Barbara Kennel Club started a Breeders Showcase 3 years ago. Bellatak has been represented since the inception of this event. It is a wonderful event. Good food is served to all under the lights of the arena. Wine and cocktails are available. Watching the best of the best compete in the Breeders Showcase while dining under the stars is awesome! To enter, two dogs from the same breeder must be entered and shown. For the past two years, we entered Vallee and Dreamer. This year, we entered Dreamer and Vallee's daughter, Keely. To see my dogs move together in unison around the ring is breath taking for me. As I did last year, I shed a tear of joy to witness them together and seeing how beautiful they look. It is confirmation for me that I am doing something right as a breeder!

Once again this year, Bellatak was awarded a group placement. This year though, instead of getting a Group 4 like the last two years, Dreamer and Keely got a Group 3 from Judge Janet Allen.
Maggie and I had a wonderful time seeing everyone and being able to talk to our hearts content!

Dreamer won Best of Breed and Group 2 three out of the 4 days of the show with a beautiful final lineup in the Toy Group each day. We are all thankful to all the judges that see Dreamer as the exceptional Havanese we know he is.

I look forward to next year at the Santa Barbara show, as it has quickly become one our favorites to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment